Tax Returns and Tax Planning
With the tax regime becoming more complex and with more emphasis being put on taxpayers individual responsibilities, everyone who is subject to tax needs professional advice to optimise their tax position.
Many tax payers struggle to understand the complex tax return and complete them incorrectly, those that do, are often unaware of tax legislation and will not claim all they are entitled to and pay too much tax.
20 years after the introduction of self assessment and in spite of the heavy penalties incurred there are still nearly 1 million tax returns being submitted late. Some of these people paid more in fines than it would cost a professional to complete the returns on their behalf and submit them on time!
Current penalties include:
- £100 late filing penalty
- £10 a day penalty up to a maximum of £900 if your tax return is more than 3 months late
- Interest will be charged on all tax paid late
- 5% Surcharge on amounts more than 28 days late
- A further 5% surcharge for sums still outstanding at 31st July
- Penalties for failing to keep and maintain complete tax records
As tax specialists dealing as your agent we can save you time, worry and money handling all self assessment issues for you. We will complete all necessary computations, complete your return using the latest software and we will remind you when payments become due to ensure you never receive a fine for late payment.
Call Charlotte Halsall on 01275 848951 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.